Pickaway County children and youth will have all the skills they need to reach their full potential.
Education Partners will demonstrate one of the measurable outcomes with a defined long-term impact.
- An increase in school readiness for children, with a focus especially on physical health, mental health or social development
- Improvement in academic proficiency and skill, especially by engaging parent
- An increase in adults who master the reading skill, graduate or acquire a GED, and make a successful transition to higher education or work
- Children enter school developmentally on track in terms of literacy and social, emotional, and intellectual skills
- Elementary students are prepared to succeed later in school
- Young people graduate from high school
- Young adults make a successful transition from high school to work life
Education is the cornerstone of individual and community success. But with more than 1.2 million children dropping out each year, America faces an education crisis. The cost? More than $312 billion in lost wages, taxes and productivity over their lifetimes.1 These trends are reversible, but only when communities and public, private and nonprofit sectors work together.
How You Can Help
To reach our goal, we need your help. The strategies proven to work are those that connect communities to their schools: parent involvement; literacy volunteers in the classroom; mentors for disadvantaged students; business leaders engaged in early childhood advocacy. Volunteer to help.